Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Selected Summer Sketches


Sketched these while dancing at the same time, to the Mae Cromwell Band at the Beaches Jazz fest. Dancing and drawing during street festivals might be my favorite thing ever.
Waiting For the 29

The Far right is my sketch from Klimt's Hope, my favorite painting that I've ever encountered. What a difference standing in front of the original.
Took advice from Walt Stanchfield, and this summer, I was Drawn To Life. Much Thanks to Omid, Smarthur, Alex, Taras, Richard, TPG, Cousin Mike, Jones, Curtis, Deanna and everyone else who waited patiently for me while I participated in my Joy.

Cant Wait to sketch the summer of 2010 already!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sketches James! I feel like I took summer for granted now because I didn't capture all the beauty of it in my memory, I was so busy working and stuff that I lost sight of my favorite season and then your drawings reminded me of some of the reasons why I love summer so much! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea andie and i have been waiting some time for this! it was about time!

    (also, good work, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls! That helps make it feel like it was all worth it. I'm glad they revitalized summer for you briefly, thats the whole point.

    ReplyDelete